VOLUNTEERS fulfill our mission statement by helping men and women at The Path reconnect with our community.
By showing them love, acceptance, and service, volunteers encourage them and help them feel valued.
Just by showing up, you are communicating that they are worth your time!
Volunteer Activities Open to the General Public
There are many ways to serve The Path as a volunteer while enjoying fun and fellowship at the same time. Watch our newsletter for current volunteer needs and dates for volunteer activities open to the general public (no orientation required).
How you can get involved:
- Path Newsletter Stuffing Events: Help stuff our Path Newsletters to get the word about our rescue mission out to the community. Generally on a Wednesday, every other month from 9:00am-noon at The Path’s Fellowship Hall. Staff supervised. Lunch included!
- Events Team for Path Annual Banquet and other events: Most events occur October-December. Join our Events Team and lend your support to help plan, recruit for or coordinate events at the rescue mission and in our community. Events include our annual Harvest of Hope banquet, prayer breakfasts, holidays and holiday season events, client graduation ceremonies, and special events for children.
- Path Angels: Angels are special volunteers who sponsor a client or child at The Path anonymously to purchase special needs items or Christmas gifts. Angels help with Christmas gifts, back to school, baby needs, baby showers, children’s birthdays and other seasonal needs. Angels also can help by planning or coordinating special activities to make holidays and other important life events special for children and adults at The Path.
- Donation Processors and Other Office Help: From October-April, our Donor Relations office needs help with processing financial donations in our data entry system. If you love computer work, all we ask for is 2 hours, one day a week and we train you! People who enjoy making phone calls and other office activities as needed.
If you or your organization would like to get involved as an Angel or volunteer to participate in other special events, click "Contact Us" below to connect with our Volunteer Coordinator.
Volunteering for The Path’s New Life Program and Rescue Mission Support Teams
The Path's “New Life Program” addresses practical and soft life skills, spiritual growth,
physical and emotional recovery and wellness, healthy boundaries, job retraining, parenting skills and family reconciliation, work therapy with a goal of successful employment, and other holistically-designed
programs and services. As a volunteer, you will be actively involved in transforming lives in a wide variety of ways!
For current openings and requirements, call our Volunteer Coordinator at 352-527-6500 ext. 6 or email email@example.com.
How you can get involved:
- Lead a life skills, craft, exercise or practical training class as a Program Coach (instructor or back up)
- Lead one of our Christian Recovery groups
- Help with activities for children
- Lead a games and social night
- Lead one of our many Christian activities or worship
- Prepare a meal alongside our Kitchen Staff -prepare food, organize supplies, make sack lunches, help with clean up
- Join one of our Rescue Mission Support teams- maintenance and grounds, farm and hydroponics, thrift stores
To apply for a volunteer position with our New Life Program:
If you would like to apply for a volunteer position with our New Life Program (Volunteer Orientation required), download the Path Volunteer Application Form, fill it out and email it back to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Path, P.O. Box 3024, Inverness, FL 34451. Make sure you include an email address and/or day time phone number.
Someone from our staff will contact you, and if appropriate schedule you for our Volunteer Orientation. Orientation generally lasts about two hours, and time permitting you will also get a tour of the rescue mission. Additional training, orientation and next steps to get you started will be determined at your orientation.
You can help The Path by collecting needed items. Or, consider donating Gift Cards from local super markets, WalMart, Lowe's, etc.—for unexpected needs anytime throughout the year!
Volunteer groups can also help with special painting projects, making our grounds beautiful with planting projects (flowers and other native plants), hosting a worship service, game night or many other group activities.
Call our office at (352) 527-6500, ext. 1 to arrange a convenient drop-off day and time, or schedule a special group activity.